Leadership Qualities and the next generation of FRS Assessments
7th of February 2020 in Birmingham at West Midlands FRS
Our next Assessment Forum half-day event will enable attendees to share and discuss ideas on assessment methodologies and tools for recruitment and selection.
Proposed topics are:
- Assessment Methodologies/ Tools – being used for promotion boards
- Firefighter Recruitment– working well or time for a change? Influences on designing a process that works for you
- The Leadership Qualities– what do you think and how are you using them?
- Senior Level Appointments– are you happy with your selection process?
- Values– how are you using these? Could you do more with them?
- Support Staff Roles– what methods do you use to select and promote within your organisation?
If you would like to attend please contact us here.
Assessment Forum Events
VCA Ltd has been running informal group meetings for FRS assessment/ development professionals since 2011. These events have been held at Fire & Rescue Service venues from Lancashire to Surrey and been attended by a broad range of representatives from across the FRS.
- To discuss and gain support for dealing with assessment, selection and recruitment challenges
- To gain insights into how selection/promotion objectives are achieved
- To share best practice and gain new ideas
- To have in-person conversations, finding shared interests and opportunities for collaboration
- To learn about new methods and practices, including early sight of new materials
- To influence the development of new tools and exercises
From our regular discussions with FRS clients we have an idea what issues are current, what are causing you the biggest headaches and what can be done to resolve selection and assessment related problems. We propose an agenda for Assessment Forum Events for you to review, and you let us know if it’s relevant.
We ask for a volunteer organisation to provide a venue….then we just bring some cakes and will see you there!
Previous attendees have all agreed these are worthwhile events, interesting, informative and a great way to build relationships with other FRS colleagues.